Okay, it’s a book (not mine!) title. It occurred to me to apply the philosophy of: “If you build it, they will come” espoused by James Earl Jones and put into force by Kevin Costner in the Field of Dreams movie which coincidently (?!) contained a female lead character named “Karen” (not sure how she spelled it!) played by Amy Madigan.
I decided to build my perfect work day.
- Get up–not too early.
- Get some exercise. I like Stephen King’s idea from his book On Writing where he would take writing breaks and jump on the treadmill that was next to his writing desk (if memory serves). A little bit of yoga couldn’t hurt…
- Get some coffee–oh wait! That should be first!
- Get some breakfast (ABO…or “Anything But Oatmeal” :)).
- Write until noonish.
- Get some lunch.
- Check email, blogs, FB (you know, all the usual time-sucking suspects) etc.
- Read until 4pm. This is when I get to make a small dent in my pile of books, magazines that I am dying to read but have no time to.
- Get some more exercise…go for a walk? At the beach! Look for sea glass, sand dollars, unusual rocks and shells. Sigh. Life is Good.
- Watch DVD’s or preferred TV series of the moment (The Good Wife, Survivor, Breaking Bad) with my husband.
What does a perfect day for you look like? Quick! Go right it down; then maybe you can figure out a way to make it happen! 🙂