Hello and welcome to my new series: The BRAVE Interviews! It’s the Who, What, When, Where, How, (and sometimes Why) of YOUR ‘one brave thing’!
So, let’s get started-
- WHO are you? A: I’m Kathy Eliscu. I’m a retired RN (from an injury) and have been writing freelance columns for decades. I have a 7-year-long running humor column in Maine called “Lightly Roasted” and am the author of the humor novel “Not Even Dark Chocolate Can Fix This Mess.”
- WHAT is your One Brave Thing (so far!!) for 2016? A: I had been scheduled for a brief reading from my book but asked if I could share some of my “serious” unpublished material and was given the go-ahead.
- WHEN did you do it? A: This was in May of this year.
- WHERE did it occur? A: At the Local Buzz in Cape Elizabeth, Maine.
- HOW did you make it happen? A: Well…I opened my big mouth and asked.
- WHY did you do it? A: I’ve been working on some serious material for a couple of years but felt very insecure about it. I wanted to push myself to try it out. It just seemed like the right time to take a chance. And I got very good feedback on it, so now I feel I have the impetus to continue to do this kind of work as well as humor writing.
Thank you so much, Kathy!
*P.S. Sorry! I am not sure who took the above picture!