I was thinking about how I have been in a funk these past several weeks, when I realized, no, it’s actually been several months now that I’ve been feeling this way. I realized what is partly affecting my mood and my decisions is this: I feel old.
- My skin looks old.
- All of my joints hurt all the time so I don’t want to exercise.
- If I do exercise, all my muscles hurt the next day.
- My bowel pattern is a constant concern.
- No matter what time I go to bed, or how late I sleep in the morning, I’m still tired all the time.
- I don’t want to do any work anymore.
- I don’t want to eat “healthy” anymore. I want cappuccino whoopie pies and DQ blizzards and apple crisps and Peanut M+M’s every frikkin’ day.
- I don’t even want to read anymore because my expensively, progressively, trifocally, Transitions vision sucks.
How’s that for pathetic? After I read my list it dawned on me: I’m depressed. SAD probably, since this is the longest, coldest, snowiest winter in the last, what, million years.
My daughter was reading this over my shoulder without my knowledge as I was writing it. A little while later she said,
She: “Mom, it’s not true.”
Me: “What’s not true?”
She: “That stuff you were writing; it’s not true.”
My daughter: yep, think I’ll keep her.
6 thoughts on “50: The year I got old”
😀 Thanks, Traci!!
I have some self help books that a certain “neighbor” lent me…they may help…lol! We need to do coffee soon, you need girl time, that is the best medicine!! ❤
It does make it better, actually! Thanks, Bindu! 😀
I don’t want to get old! Don’t worry – you are not alone. Does that knowledge make it any better? 🙂 Stupid me.. 🙂
K if you are depressed,there is no hope for the rest of us! You are the most life loving person I know. Hang in there! Spring is coming!!!!
I visited the ocean today and yesterday and I am MUCH BETTER, thanks! 😀