I decided to go back on Weight Watchers a few weeks ago. My goals were:
- Lose 10 pounds.
- Learn the new PointsPlus Program.
That’s it. Not lofty goals by any means. I lost weight with WW several years ago and wanted to nip the current weight-trending-upward thing I’d noticed over the past year in the bud. I had my few favorite low points value”go-to” foods when I did WW the first time, but hel-lo? They are MUCH DIFFERENT now–PointsPlus values are just that: plus. So the daily allotment is higher too, yada yada, but it means that I had to find all new PointsPlus (hereafter referred to as PP’s) “go-to’s” in addition to the zero points fruits and veggies we all know and love.
So, always up for a challenge, I did. Here they are:
DISCLAIMER: I am a layperson, not a Weight Watchers Rep. I am figuring this out for myself online as I go along.
- Pistachio nuts, shelled: 16 are 1 PP. Want to live dangerously? 5 are ZERO PP’s. Space them out over your day–say, 3 occasions of eating 5 pistachio’s each (maybe breakfast, lunch, and dinner?) and you don’t have to count 15 at all. You’re welcome.
- Special K Crackers. I like the multigrain ones (have not tried the other kind). 24 are 3 PP‘s; but 18 are only 2 PP‘s.
- A zucchini, diced up and microwaved for 2-3 minutes, then salt and pepper it. ZERO PP‘s. It’s quick and it fills you up.
- Sriracha Sauce. 4 T are ZERO PP‘s. Great on anything that needs a little pizzazz (eggs, cold cuts).
- Salad. A ZERO PP salad can consist of lettuce, shredded cole slaw mix (plain), diced tomato, bell pepper, 3/4 T of Craisins, 3 olives, sliced mushrooms. Maple Groves Cranberry Balsamic Salad Dressing, 1 T. Okay, so it’s not a lot of dressing. If you have points to spare, use 2T for 1 PP, otherwise, it’s a good compromise if you’re hungry but ate up all your points already.
- Lipton’s Cup O’Soup, 1 PP…and a truckload of sodium, but hey, sometimes it’s worth the tradeoff.
- Three slices of deli turkey are 1 PP. Roll them up in a lettuce leaf and douse them with Sriracha Sauce.
Do any of you have any Weight Watchers low PointsPlus food suggestions?