I finally did choose my one word for 2011; my word is: EDIT. I’m loving this word for many reasons.
- I can actually remember it! It works its way up from my unconscious with very little effort on my part. Bam! It’s there, remember to ‘edit’!
- It applies to my Pantry Project: use the food I have already before going out to buy more food. I’m editing my pantry (and freezer and fridge) contents by using up what’s there already. Today: Chicken Orzo Soup in the crock pot; all ingredients already here in the pantry (orzo, bay leaf, parsley, chicken broth, onions, garlic) and freezer (chicken thighs, end of a block of parm cheese) and fridge (tomato paste, carrots).
- It applies to my book: I finished the book and now am working on the editing.
- It applies to my (and everyone else’s too, actually) closet. I’m working on whittling the contents of all of them (hint: do the tween’s closet when she’s not at home) so that we have more space. 🙂
- It applies to my diet: I’m trying to eat less. Editing the choices that are readily available makes eating better more likely (hel-lo….can’t eat the cookies at 10pm if there aren’t any in the house). Full disclosure: this one is one of those obvious things that my husband pointed out to me.
How’s it going for the rest of you with your new year’s word/resolutions?
6 thoughts on “My new year’s word: Part 2”
EDIT – as you said we should apply that to many of our activities… Good piece of writing.
Can I ask you something? What book are you working on?
I’m editing my novel about the road to marriage. 🙂
I also like it…EDIT…now I have a word to apply my same actions. Editing my weight…somehow this now sounds like it has a much more successful and optimistic tone to it! 🙂 Thanks!
We’re in it together now! 🙂
I like it! Edit is a great word choice!
After careful consideration, I finally chose my word, “Creativity” and have yet to blog about it. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you for sharing as well! I have a stone with the word “CREATE” engraved on it to my right as I write this to you. 🙂
Great word! Good luck!