To all my gardener friends and friends of friends local to Wells:
Want to do a good deed for your feathered fowl friends? Give us your tired, wretched masses…of produce!
Reasons to bring your inedible, unappetizing, or otherwise unappealing garden food items to my house:
- Drive by and drop off! You don’t even have to get out of your car; just lean out and place your unwanted items on the bottom shelf of the egg stand at the bottom of the driveway.
- You will feel good because you will be supporting a local farm.
- Chickens LOVE most produce.
What to bring?
- Unwanted post-halloween pumpkins
- Baseball bat sized zucchinis or cukes
- Apples and tomatoes (of any color and ripeness) that fell to the ground before you got to pick them
- The tired looking, wilty lettuce from the bottom of the crisper that you forgot about
- Banged up produce of any kind that you are too nervous to eat..
The chickens say thank you for any and all efforts!