I admit it: I have crushes. All the time. My husband is pretty tolerant of them. He even produced a picture of Boston Rob for me for Christmas last year (downloaded from the internet and printed…in color!). I’m exceedingly happy now that Survivor is back with its new season, Redemption Island.
For date night this particular week we decided to have a picnic. What else would you do in March in Maine?
We had no babysitter, but then our daughter had plans for a couple of hours in the evening. At the last minute we decided that we didn’t want to go out (6:30-8:30 is late when you get up before dawn!) so here’s what we did instead:
- Dropped the tweens (daughter and friend) off at their movie.
- Called in an order to Pizza Napoli. March specials going on are pretty good. We took advantage of one of the March specials: “buy any large pizza get a free small cheese pizza”.
- Came home, rummaged in the fridge for a bottle of wine. The first one was vinegary, so we found a bottle of our favorite wine: Moscato D’asti…so what if it’s supposed to be a dessert wine? We both love it.
- Moved the coffee table and spread out our “picnic” on the rug.
- Find The Good Wife episodes that we DVR’d but had no time to watch. (Man, has it really been since February 8th??).
Then we had to both get our stuff ready for work, so we called a brief time out to see to that and to get our daughter settled (whom her friend’s parents were nice enough to bring home for us).
Oh, the “Boston Rob” thing? That’s just for laughs. The husband thing? He’s the real thing. 🙂