I decided to take a moment to think about the things I was grateful for at that moment.
- Ball and socket and hinge joints that still (for the most part) work fairly well
- A sunny, 30 degree day in February in Maine
- The Public Way #1 that allowed me to get to the water even though the tide was up to the wall and occluding the stairs
- The oldest child that was watching the youngest child so that I could leave with some peace of mind
- The ocean, that connects me so immediately with my grandmother, who took me there so often when I was little
Life is good.